2013 has been such a fantastic year here at Chef’s Expressions. We decided to look back on all of our amazing experiences from this past year and share some of our favorite highlights and accomplishments. We can’t wait to see what the new year has in store for us. With that being said, 2014 here we come!
- Food Service Monthly: Our Team was highlighted in the October issue of Food Service Monthly. We were featured on the front cover of the magazine, as well as a full spread where writer Michael Birchenall followed us through the journey of planning our Harvest Table Wine Supper.
- 2013 Smart CEO Future 50 Award: The Future 50 Awards program is the largest and most highly anticipated SmartCEO awards program of the year. This program recognizes 50 fast-growth, mid-sized companies in the region, five large Blue Chip companies and five small Emerging Growth companies.
- Bride’s Choice Award by Wedding Wire: The Wedding Wire Bride’s Choice Awards® recognizes the top five percent of local wedding professionals from the WeddingWire Network that demonstrate excellence in quality, service, responsiveness and professionalism.
- Chesapeake Bridal Awards: Chef’s Expressions was more than honored to win the Chesapeake Bridal Award for Best Caterer of Maryland, D.C and Virginia.
- Unveiling of the SOCIALbar: This year we introduced The SOCIALbar at the Accelerant Cocktail Party located at Meyerhoff Symphony Hall. The SOCIALbar is an all is a unique and creative new concept by Chef’s Expressions where your bartender and chef are one in the same person.
- N.A.C.E’s UNCORKED! Award Winners: UNCORKED! is unique in Baltimore, as it is the only fundraiser that incorporates education, design, and food and wine pairings. Our team, Little Italy took home 2 awards that night, Best Food & Beverage Display, and People’s Choice.
- N.A.C.E Holiday Bash 1st Place Award: The “Speak Easy and Often” Holiday Bash is the Baltimore area hospitality industry’s annual holiday party. The event featured food from Baltimore’s top restaurants, hotels and caterers. Chef’s Expressions & Boutique Designs took home 1st place for our saloon styled station design.
- Baltimore Sun’s “Haute Holiday: Party Fashions”: Our creative event design consultant, Melanie Brzozowski was given the opportunity to style an entire event including table décor and florals for the Baltimore Sun’s “Haute Holiday: Party Fashions” photo shoot at Silo Point.
- Loyola University’s Bright Minds & Bold Hearts Event: Event Design Consultant Jennifer Pellegrino managed our team for this spectacular event for Loyola University to launch it’s Bright Minds, Bold Hearts Campaign.
Here is a list of the amazing charities that we had the opportunity to help through time, food donations, fund raising, efforts, and collaborative events.
Healthcare for the Homeless
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
Days of Taste Program
Meals on Wheels Foundation
St. Vincent’s Villa – Catholic Charities
American Cancer Society
March of Dimes
Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America
National Academy Foundation
Baltimore Child Abuse Center
Animal Allies Rescue Foundation